Welcome to the website for the Parish of Tazewell County. Located in the greater Peoria region of central Illinois, we are on the northwestern border of the Episcopal Diocese of Springfield.
Our Parish is an Anglican family that gathers in two locations — Saint Paul’s Church in Pekin, and All Saints’ Church in Morton. We are accessible and committed to the spiritual formation and education of our members according to the Catholic faith as embodied in the Book of Common Prayer.
We invite you to join us at Mass, which we celebrate according to Rite I liturgy and ad crucem (eastward) orientation. The center of the worship in our Parish is the Sacrament of the Eucharist that overflows into our life of Prayer and ministry to the wider community — seeking to represent Our Lord Jesus Christ in our homes, in our workplaces, and in our neighborhood. Homilies offered for the Parish can be read here.
CHRISTMAS and EPIPHANY IN TAZEWELL PARISH
CHRISTMAS EVE (Monday)
- 5 pm Mass at Saint Paul’s — Carol-singing begins at 4:30 pm
- 7:30 pm Mass at All Saints’ — Carol-singing begins at 7 pm
CHRISTMAS DAY (Tuesday)
- 9 am Mass at All Souls’ Chapel (with incense, no hymns)
- 3 pm Mass at Brandon Wood in the Blue Lounge
THE FIRST SUNDAY AFTER CHRISTMAS, Dec 30
Morning Prayer (Rite I) with Eucharist
9 am Service at Saint Paul’s Church, and 11 am Service at All Saints’ Church
- Monday—Evening Prayer, 5 pm at All Saints’
- Tuesday—Feast of the Holy Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 9 am Mass at All Souls’ Chapel
- Thursday—4 pm Evening Prayer, Adult Study follows
- Friday—10 am Morning Prayer in Brandon Wood, Morton
- Saturday—9 am Lady Mass, with incense
THE EPIPHANY OF OUR LORD, Sunday, Jan. 6
10 am Mass all Parish-Mass at All Saints’, reception to follow
PLAINSONG EVENSONG FOR CANDLEMAS
(The Purification of Saint Mary the Virgin), Sat., Feb. 2
4 pm Service at Saint Paul’s, led by the Tazewell Plainsong Choir